Welcome to the homepage of the Gas Turbine Engines Technical Committee (GTE TC). We hope you will explore and avail yourself of the information provided here. Please see the Scope and Charter statements below to learn more about the function of the GTE TC.
Scope - The application of mechanical design, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics to the science and technology of air vehicle gas turbine engines and engine components, including:
- Complete engine systems
- Compressor and Turbine systems
- Combustors and Augmentors
- Auxiliary systems and Structures
Charter - Advance air vehicle gas turbine engine technology by:
- Developing and sponsoring technical sessions at the Aerospace Sciences Meeting, ASM, the Joint Propulsion Conference, JPC, and other conferences of interest
- Working effectively with other AIAA Technical Committees & Program Committees and other technical societies to organize and promote joint sessions and activities
- Providing for technical communications and reviews, educational activities and honors & awards
- Provide the Institute with authoritative technical opinions and public policy recommendations
Inquiries may be directed to John Sordyl, Chair, or any of the TC members, who will be happy to assist you.