Welcome to the Hypersonic Technologies and Aerospace Planes (HyTASP) Program Committee web site! The information provided here is for your benefit, so please use it as needed!
Today, hypersonics involves cutting edge technologies comparable in their potential to the development of the jet engine, high-speed swept-wing aircraft, and the breaking of the sound barrier. The goal of the HyTASP committee is to ensure that our hypersonics knowledge base, advanced over the last decade, flourishes and leads to expanded market opportunities in the 21st century. The committee involves government, industry, university, and international members working within the framework and charter of the American Institute Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA). We will promote continued hypersonic technology progress through both ground- and flight-testing. We will accomplish this by:
- Coordinating and focusing hypersonics activities across the AIAA
- Working with other US and international societies to enhance an awareness of hypersonics issues and opportunities
- Promoting conferences, short courses, and the writing of position papers to expose the technical community, government, and public to the importance and potential of hypersonic flight
Meetings of the committee occur at three venues:
- The AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit
- The AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit
- The AIAA International Space Planes and Hypersonic Systems and Technologies Conference
Please see the Calendar Page to find our next meeting day, time, and location. You will find HyTASP information in the following locations:
- The "Membership" page provides contact information for the committee membership at large
- The "Calendar" page provides access to upcoming meeting announcements
- The "Shared Documents" page provides presentations presented at past HyTASP meetings
- The "Minutes" page provides minutes that have been read and approved by the committee
- The "Newsletter" page provides past HyTASP newsletters
Questions? Please don't hesitate to contact either the chairperson or executive secretary from the "Membership" page!